Sunday, June 12, 2011

Action movies with suspense

A movie worthy of an award should, for one, not be predictable. I have seen some movies were I can predict what happens next and sure enough it does. A movie should have its own ingenuity and originality and keep me wanting more of it, not to mention contain some suspense. Nowadays it is rare to find a movie with these qualities There are some movies that are about the same thing. For example, in 2008 the movie Taken came out, the storyline is about this girl that gets kidnapped and winds up a victim of human trafficking. In 2004 the movie Man on Fire came out with a similar storyline with a young girl getting kidnapped and held for ransom. Taken was great but Man on Fire was, in my opinion, a better movie. Taken seemed to lack originality and personally that is what I dislike of movies. The movies I saw for week one were both interesting and had humor to them. I do appreciate the art in these two films for what they are. On the other hand, being born to a more advanced civilization where movies are very different, I wasn't as entertained as I would have been if I were to watch a more modern film of today. One of the movies that meets my criteria is The Rock (1996) with Sean Connery and Nicolas Cage. The other movie would be Law Abiding Citizen (2009) with Jamie Foxx and Gerard Butler. As stated earlier, I like movies that contain originality and suspense and The Rock and Law Abiding Citizen both contain these qualities.

No comments:

Post a Comment